Please join us for a Scoping Session on The Southern Humboldt Community Park’s Draft EIR. The Scoping Session will be held at the Community Park Barn located at 934 Sprowel Creek Road. The meeting will be from 5 – 7 pm on Thursday, September 9th, 2010.
The Community Park’s General Plan Amendment includes the following:
- 305 acres will designated for Agriculture and Conservation with allowances for low impact recreation such as hiking, biking and picnics.
- Creation of a 96 acre crescent of land to allow for future recreational and educational activities such as:
- A location for soccer, baseball and other sport fields for all ages
- A location for special events
- An area for educational and environmental camps
- A pavilion with picnic tables for group BBQ’s and private celebrations
- Recreational zoning for Tooby Park
- A 3-5 acre portion of roadside property to be zoned for Multiple Family housing
A digital copy of the GPA document is available by email request to email@example.com.